Translations from Bangla
As an amateur, I have tried to translate some of the scattered works from Bangla.
The following is a list of those.
Abul Mansur Ahmad [Book: Bangladesher Kulture]
Language Movement was more than for just language The first thing needed is a literary revolution The Divergence of Philosophy of Art The subject matter of literature The Yeats/Irish Lesson Syed Mujtaba Ali Morhum Maulana: Abul Kalam Azad Kazi Nazrul Islam
Most of the translations I have done are from the works of Nazrul. Since I have already dedicated a website to the life and works of Nazrul, I recommend the readers to visit that site for my translations. See Kazi Nazrul Islam Page. To go directly to the page containing my translations of selected works of Nazrul, see these links: poetry, articles/letters; excerpts from novels. There are other translated material scattered throughout the website.
- Abar tora manush ha (You be human again!)
- Aynar frem (The frame for mirror)
- Amar League-Congress (My League-Congress)
- Boror Priti Balir Baadh (The love of the great is like a sand-bank)
- Shwadhin-Chittotar Jagoron (The Awakening of the Free Spirit)
- Allahr Pothe Attoshomorpon (Submission in the Path of Allah)
Rabindranath Tagore Short story: Mussalmanir Golpo